Friday, August 29

MY SIGNATURE HAIR

With the request of a few followers I decided to a post on how I style and curl my hair. Whenever you see me with these curls/waves this is how I do it.

I didn't have a chance to take photos of me actually doing the curls. I tried but it was way too difficult so I will try and explain the best that I can. Please also excuse me wearing sunglasses. I slapped on some foundation and bronzer to look somewhat decent in the photos. Eye make up was just too much for me today.


With my curls/waves I ALWAYS use a 1 inch curling iron. I always either reach for my Hot Tools 1 inch iron or my 1 inch Sultra Bombshell wand. For time wise I use my Hot Tools one 80% of the time. Using a smaller curling iron you can get closer to the roots and with that it gives you more volume/lift. Also the curls will loosen through the day and second day hair is so FLAWLESS. The perfect waves. Depending on how your hair holds a curl I personally always have my setting at 380 degrees. With the traditional way of curling I always start off with a 1 inch section of hair. 

Here are my secrets and tricks:
When curling you want to leave about 1-2 inches of hair out of the iron so you aren't curling the entire piece. This way when you are finished and apply products you have a loose wavy ends compared to something more uniformed. 

When you are in the processing of curling hold it for no more than 3 seconds. The longer you keep the hair in the iron the tighter the curl. 

Once I am done curling my hair I go in and spray my Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray  ( I swtich off Oribe's Apres Beach Shine Spray ) from the bottom up. I do this section by section and just scrunch it all together. I never comb through my curls just because my hair gets frizzy and I find that it loosens the curls faster then I want. 

 


For more volume at the roots I always use my Oribe Dry Texturizing spray. I try to stay away from teasing hair since it is to damaging to the hair. If you want big hair go for it girl! Do your thang!




 





If anyone does try this at home PLEASE tag me on Instagram TLDANG. I would love to see your hair :)



No comments:

Post a Comment